Despite the mediocre weather yesterday, my friend Melanie and I walked down to Fort Mason for a shoot after hitting our favorite acai bowl joint, Basik Cafe. Little did I know, Fort Mason is bustling with some really cute hidden restaurants, right near the bay. One such we walked by that I can’t wait to try is Green Restaurant, with buttermilk biscuits, pancakes, pupusas, scrambles and hummus platters all on the menu. There I go talking about my love of food again…
Ever since I purchased these linen pants from GAP about a week ago, I have lived in them. They are the perfect transition from work to play, and they even can work in corporate workplaces! I dressed them up a tad bit with black strap heels, but before I did so, I tried them on with booties and sandals and both styles looked equally as cute.
I am beginning to transition from buying trendy, wear-one-time pieces to classic, wear-until-they-fall-apart staple pieces; even if they are more expensive. Here are 5 reasons you should splurge on staple pieces:
1. They last longer (high quality)
2. You save money in the long term (they don’t go out of style)
3. You have less clutter in your closet (from all those trendy pieces)
4. They easily transition from work to play (think: LDB)
5. You are helping the economy (money is just money, right?)
My next “splurge”: Madewell Tote.
New content awaits soon <3
Love you all,
PC: Melanie Kumove