If there’s one weekend activity that I would do every weekend if I could, it’s hike. Being from Colorado, I am very fond of the outdoors. And very fond is an understatement. Part of the reason I moved to California was to explore new landscapes and see what the state has to offer. I haven’t been disappointed thus far.
Last weekend, Jack and I went on a hike in Muir Woods near Mt. Tamalpais. We hiked the Matt Davis trail from the Mountain Inn to the Westpoint Inn and back. It was a bit of a large hill on the way up (only uphill, actually) so your booty definitely gets a workout. I wore my new Vince & Vic yoga pants, which are actually great for hiking since they are thick and provide great coverage. I love the mesh inserts as well, sorta like these. This trend is popping up everywhere!
Some of you may be asking, how does a native Colorado girl know what are the best places to hike in SF? Well let me tell you, I’ve got my sources… And my friend Alex gave me the best Refinery29 article I’ve ever read. Here are some of my recommendations:
1. Stinson Beach- haven’t done this one yet, but anything with the word “beach” in it- count me in!
2. Westpoint Inn to Mountain Inn- this is the one we did this weekend. The views from the Westpoint Inn are incredible and the hike up really works your booty.
3. Land’s End to Ocean Beach- if you have people visiting from our of town that enjoy nature, this hike needs to be at the top of your list. The cliff views are stunning.
4. Tennessee Valley Trail to Pelican Inn- a bit of a longer hike, but my favorite I have been on so far. The Pelican Inn has such a yummy brunch so you can fill up before the hike back. Ocean views that will make your heart jump too 🙂
5. Pfeiffer Falls Trailhead- down in Big Sur, but another one of my favs that hugs the coastline. A must if you are down in that area.
Let me know if ya’ll know of any more that I can add to this list!
PC: Jack my Adventure Buddy