A trend I have seen popping up all over LA is the military jacket. Having a father who served in the military, I’m all about this trend. It makes you look edgy, tough, and cool while making a statement without going overboard. I got my jacket recycled from Crossroads (originally from Forever 21, similar here) but the more vintage the better with this trend! To avoid looking too masculine, I paired the jacket with my favorite matte red lipstick, a cutout longsleeve from my friends at CE Closet, and a high-waisted button up skirt.
There are a lot of different styles when it comes to these jackets, not unlike the bomber jacket post I shared earlier this month. Read more to see my full list of military jacket options! From embroidered to camouflage, there’s something for everyone.
5 Best Military Jackets for Fall:
1. Embroidered– This jacket from Express is all the rage this season. I say if it’s embroidered, go for it. That goes for most items of clothing!
2. Camouflage– I love this jacket from Abercrombie. In my opinion, camouflage looks good on only a few pieces of clothing. And military jackets are one of them.
3. Synched– To add a bit more femininity, you can opt for one with a synched waist, like this one from Forever 21. It adds a little definition to the waist!
4. Classic– If you want to jump into the trend but not go too masculine, there’s this jacket from Revolve. It would be cute with almost anything- from a t-shirt with jeans to a cover-up for a night out!
5. Long– I love the jackets that are a bit longer, so you can layer one on top of the other. This one from Macy’s is a great option- I would wear this over a flannel for some extra warmth!
Hope these provided you with some options this fall!
Photos: Jack Van Leeuwen
Chelsea Boots: Viscata
Black Cutout Longsleeve: CE Closet